Saturday 22 March 2014

#24hourproject #24jozi Photoshoot

Myself my fellow classmate and my lecturer took part in the 24 hour project photo shoot. I really didn't know what to expect in the beginning and i was taken by surprise. Today I felt like a tourist in my own country, why I say this is because i went places today I didn't think existed. I believe JHB as a whole has different stories to tell to different listeners and they not just local but international as well. At 4am this morning we made our way to the Maboneng precinct once again to capture what goes on while we sleeping. When we arrived we met people from all walks of life with different attitudes and mindsets towards life filled with an unexplainable curiosity as to what our country has to offer. South Africa as a whole is infamous for an amount of unappealing things but we never take the time to just focus on the positivity its filled with. I live by a rule that I have made for myself, when opportunity arises I have nothing to lose so chances are I'm going to grab it with both hands and that rule has never lead me to feel regret. Every time I take a picture I always think to myself that i cannot take a better picture if my life depended on it but day after day I find myself proving wrong. I think this has something to say for itself that if you are willing to humble yourself and put yourself out there to be taught and you are willing to learn and have a teachable spirit you will succeed in whatever your endevour is without a doubt. A wise woman once told me that in order for a sacrifice to be a sacrifice it needs to cost you something and personally missing 8 hours of sleep to be the best I can be is sacrifice enough for me, that is why I can sit here and tell myself and you guys that I am proud of me for the work i have done today. To whoever reads my blog and sees my pictures I just hope you receive it with an open mind and a broad spectrum of what I am trying to say in my pictures whether you agree or disagree is entirely up to you.



















No comments:

Post a Comment